Recent General Posts
A Comprehensive List of How SERVPRO of CHHM Can Help You
Our crew is always ready to help!
Our main function is fire and water damage remediation, but did you know we do these things???
1. BIOHAZARD cleanup - should you have a major biohazard incident, we have the tools and expertise to clean and sanitize behind any catastrophe.
2. General Cleaning - got a rental that needs cleaned up after a tenant? We can help. Grandpa need some help keeping things in order? We can help.
3. Ductwork Cleaning - our specialized equipment cleans and freshens those AC vents. It is recommended to clean ductwork yearly to help reduce allergens.
4. Carpet Cleaning - YES! We can shampoo your carpets and/or upholstery.
5. JUST CALL AND ASK US! We're happy to help our friends and neighbors in any way we can. Not sure if we provide the service you need, just call the office and ask. Kris or Angie will be happy to get the answer and get you on the schedule.
CALL US 24/7 AT 731-983-0883
BE PREPARED! Things you can do now that will make your home disaster claim go smoother
- Make an inventory list
- Go through each room of your home and take photos from each corner. Note the photos, art and other possessions. Take close-ups of items of exceptional value, whether sentimental or financial.
- List items on a spreadsheet, include model and serial numbers, manufacture dates, and other pertinent information.
- Include a general estimate of the quantity of everyday items like silverware, linens, and even clothing items. Ex: 10 Men’s T-shirts - XL, 4 men’s dress slacks - Size 34/32
- Scan or photograph important documents and save onto a flash drive.
These can help you obtain replacement documents, or file claims in the event your originals are destroyed. Don’t forget to include your inventory list. NOTE: keep this drive in a safe, fireproof location, or in a safe deposit box at the bank. Be sure to update the files every year, or any time something changes.
- Don’t hold on to junk!
Get rid of unused, broken, or unwanted items as soon as possible. When you have damage to your home, some or all of your contents, down to canned goods and refrigerated items, may have to be removed (and inventoried) during repairs. Save yourself and your SERVPRO technicians some time by throwing out or donating your unused items regularly.
- Schedule an insurance review with your agent.
Familiarize yourself with your coverages, limits, deductibles, and exclusions. Talking with your agent and asking questions ahead of time, will prevent unexpected and unwelcome surprises at claim time. Many times we depend on our agents to have us “fully covered”, but everyone is different, and so are our insurance needs.
- Lastly, if something should happen – DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING!
Call us at SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties. Your first instinct in a disaster will be to try to restore order. You’ll want to pick up, or attempt to clean and sort damaged items. Truthfully, that’s the last thing you should do and here’s why:
- It may not be safe to be in your home, or to handle the contents. This will depend on the type and severity of damage, but safety must come first.
- You may inadvertently cause irreparable damage to your possessions. SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle contents, clean or contaminated, without causing further damage or contamination.
Call SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties! We’re here for you 24/7!
CALL 731-983-0883 FOR ALL YOUR RESTORATION NEEDS
- Fire damage restoration
- Water damage restoration
- Bio-hazard remediation
- Mold remediation
- Carpet cleaning
- Duct cleaning
10 Essential Tasks You Can Do In A Weekend To Prepare For Colder Weather
We wish you a happy and healthy fall and winter! If you need us, we're available 24 hours a day!
Call SERVPRO of CHHM at 855-983-0883
It’s that time of year when things begin to cool down and all the activities of summer are wrapping up. Take the time to do these simple chores now, so you can relax and enjoy the cooler seasons.
- Clean your gutters – You know, you were going to do it this spring, but it was just too nice outside for chores. Well now’s the time to get those leaves cleaned out to prevent leaks and gutter deterioration. Hey, while you’re up there, take a look around on the roof. Check for missing or damaged shingles which can allow heat to escape, and water to seep in.
- Inspect and clean the furnace – Cleaning your furnace will ensure it’s running at optimal performance in the cold winter months. Be sure to inspect wiring and other moving parts for wear or damage.
- Inspect duct work – When it finally cools off a little, slip under the house or in your attic and check out the ducts. Clean and intact ducts will keep that warm air flowing throughout your home, and without those pesky bugs and viruses.
- Light up the early dark – Replace bulbs in your outside light fixtures, or install new, solar powered lights to help prevent accidents when you’re getting home after dark.
- Check for leaks – Check doors, window sills, and any other drafty areas that may allow your nice warm air to escape to the outside world. Caulk where you can, and throw a draft stopper under your exterior doors.
- Put your ceiling fans in reverse – Most ceiling fans have a switch for this. Switch to a clockwise rotation to push warm air down.
- Inspect and clean the chimney – Clean the soot and smoke from the chimney and check for cracks, gaps or other problems (birds’ nest, etc.). Check the flue for proper function.
- Change your air return filters and smoke or carbon monoxide detector batteries - Clean filters allows better air flow throughout your home so your furnace or central unit won’t have to work as hard.
- Inspect and insulate your pipes – Check for leaks, cracks or weak spots in your plumbing. Freezing temperatures can cause big problems for weak or cracked pipes. Go ahead and throw some insulation around them. You don’t want to be crawling around fixing leaks in those freezing temperatures.
- Let the sunshine in – open your curtains or blinds in the daytime to allow that warm sunshine to help warm your home, but be sure to close them at night to keep the cool night air from seeping in.
Congratulations Shawn Dill!
We couldn't let him leave without a good dose of silly string! We'll miss this guy!
Today we say goodbye to one of our favorite employees. Shawn Dill has been with SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson and McNairy Counties for more than 8 years! As a project manager, an employee, and a co-worker, Shawn brings integrity, excellence, and laughter to all. We’re proud to have been a part of Shawn’s journey, and wish him all the best in his new adventures! Congratulations Shawn!
If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.- John D. Rockefeller
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Chester, Hardin, Henderson or McNairy County Home
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson & McNairy Counties is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson & McNairy Counties
SERVPRO of Chester, Hardin, Henderson & McNairy Counties specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO Named to Entrepreneur's Top 10 Franchise List for 7th Consecutive Year
GALLATIN, Tenn. (Grassroots Newswire) January 19, 2016 - SERVPRO, a cleanup and restoration franchise company, maintains its hold on the top ranking in the Restoration Services industry for the 13th consecutive year and moves up to the number four spot overall in the 2016 Franchise 500 rankings from Entrepreneur magazine. This is the seventh consecutive year SERVPRO has been included in the magazine's Top 10 list, standing out in a group of more than 951 franchises that qualified for inclusion in the list.
Entrepreneur magazine's Franchise 500 selection process uses "objective, quantifiable measures of a franchise operation" to help would-be entrepreneurs identify franchise investment opportunities. Some of the most important factors considered by Entrepreneur in developing the list each year are "financial strength and stability, growth rate and size of the system."
"This recognition affirms that SERVPRO is a dynamic organization that continues to grow and strives to always provide superior support for its franchisees, and by extension its customers," said Sue Steen, SERVPRO Industries, Inc., chief executive officer. "The recognition that the company earns year after year in this prestigious list is confirmation of a commitment to excellence that starts at the top and is evident in the service that each franchisee provides to each and every customer."
According to Steen, a number of differentiators set SERVPRO apart from the competition and fuel the attractiveness of the company to both existing franchisees and would-be entrepreneurs looking for a strong business opportunity. Key among these are:
- SERVPRO's strength as a brand with a national footprint, wide-spread market penetration, laser-focused brand messaging, and the ability to create national partnerships with organizations such as the PGA TOUR and the American Red Cross.
- SERVPRO's commitment to being a learning organization, which keeps training and support at the forefront of the company's culture and philosophy of success and helps franchisees plan, track, and deliver best-in-class services to consumers.
- SERVPRO's focus on continued development and support for proprietary software and systems to allow the company's operational capacity to keep pace with an aggressive growth strategy.
Steen adds, "One of the potential pitfalls of growing too quickly is outpacing your capacity to train and support the franchisees. SERVPRO is a conservative company, and early on we took the time to build a strong system and put the building blocks in place to support growth without sacrificing support to our franchisees." "Today," Steen continues, "as a mature franchise organization with more than 1,700 locations under a single brand, recognition like this makes it clear we are reaping the rewards of having laid a solid foundation and a framework to handle quick growth. As our brand continues to grow, we will continue our winning strategy of supporting and improving upon our infrastructure and investing resources in training and support."
SERVPRO specializes in fire and water cleanup and restoration services, helping both commercial and residential customers recover from property damage emergencies "Like it never even happened." For more fire prevention tips and information about fire and water damage restoration services, please visit www.SERVPRO.com/.
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO Franchise System is a national leader and provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration services and mold mitigation and remediation. SERVPRO's professional services network of more than 1,700 individually owned and operated Franchises responds to property damage emergencies ranging from small individual disasters to multi-million dollar losses. Providing coverage in the United States and Canada, the SERVPRO System has established relationships with major insurance companies and commercial clients, as well as individual homeowners.